Discover the Best Tips & Tools Here!
Whatever kind of professional communicator you are – Public Information Officer, Spokesperson, Media Relations Specialist or in Public Relations – I guarantee this site will help you be even more successful! Take a peak:
- BLOG: Latest Cool Stuff – Make sure you subscribe to our blog that has news & cool sites that will help you do your job better and more efficiently
- PIO Toolkit – Online tools for blogging, podcasting, photo sharing and more – you can start using today!
- Tutorial Videos – Everything from “Setting up an RSS Feed” to “Understanding Social Media”
- Links to other helpful organizations
- Presentations – Learn from others by accessing their PowerPoints or online materials
The job of a professional communicator can be both challenging and extremely rewarding. As the World Wide Web has expanded, so too have the amount of tools available to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and methods of delivery.
This site is a collaborative, one-stop-shop for those who want to learn more about media relations, traditional media and the exciting emergence of social media tools. It’s a conversation, so be a good steward of your profession and if you take something, be sure to leave something. Comments, suggestions and helpful tips are encouraged! If you find something useful in your world, share it with everyone by commenting!
A word of caution. You can get wrapped up in all the cool new things and forget about your goal. At the end of the day, most public information officers are in business to effectively communicate with everyone – which includes a wide variety of people including those who may not have access to the internet or a cool super-duper iPhone or Blackberry. Remember, this site provides tools – but it doesn’t substitute for everything you must do to get the word out – especially during a crisis.